[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: It's all in the names
- To: killietalk at aka_org
- Subject: Re: It's all in the names
- From: BigJohnW at webtv_net (John Wubbolt)
- Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 08:24:42 -0500 (EST)
- In-Reply-To: LeeH920226 at aol_com's message of Sat, 13 Feb 1999 08:13:39 EST
Didn't mean to confuse anybody by calling the fish I keep
"Fundulopanchax Gardneri" I forgot to add the location of N'sukka to
it. Or should I have said the common name, "Steel Blue Killifish"
Then people would really know which fish I was talking about. Now Lee,
smile, I mean this all in jest. Common names are great if there is an
accepted one for them like Blue Gularis, but many fish don't have common
names and only latin ones.. Personally I prefer the latin names.
That way when I get a fish from another fish keeper, we're on the same
page when I order a pair of fish. Yes the latin names took me a long
time to learn how to say.
Once you get used to saying Aphyosemion or Psuedotropheus, they get
easier. Sorry about my ramblings. I get like this early in the am.