[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Imbalance in Notho/others spawnings
- To: killietalk at aka_org
- Subject: Re: Imbalance in Notho/others spawnings
- From: BigJohnW at webtv_net (John Wubbolt)
- Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:28:17 -0500 (EST)
- In-Reply-To: IceFireVS at aol_com's message of Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:18:14 EST
I don't necessarily find that I get almost all males. It depends on
Water temperature, pH and hardness will change the sex ratios of several
species I keep.
For example, I raise Epiplatys Annulatus CI 92/1. If I raise the fry
up in soft acidic water I get a majority of males. If I harden the
water so that it's slightly alkaline and moderately hard I will get more
females. Same goes for F.Gardneri N'sukka and F.Gardneri Udi, also for
Epiplatys Dageti. Hope this helps you out.