[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Halogen lights
- To: KillieTalk at aka_org
- Subject: RE: Halogen lights
- From: Jennifer Greene <jgreene at jimmy_harvard.edu>
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 11:09:11 -0400 (EDT)
- In-Reply-To: <199808280928.FAA18006 at acme_actwin.com> from "KillieTalk Digest" at Aug 28, 98 05:28:06 am
Halogen lights usually run hotter (they generate a *lot* of heat), are
closer to the yellow-red end of the spectrum, and are less energy
efficient than flourescent.
If you are keeping them on all day, I would worry about the electricity
cost. If you are just using them to see what you are doing while you
are in the room they might be good.
There is quite a bit of info on halogens, and lighting in general in
the Krib: http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/Lights/
Jennifer L. Greene . jgreene at jimmy_dfci.harvard.edu