[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: owner-killietalk at aka_org
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:00:05 -0500 (EST)
- >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- >Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
- >Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:17:48 -0600
- >From: "Daniel Carle" <Daniel.Carle.dcarle at nt_com>
- >MIME-Version: 1.0
- >Subject: Hatching Spoorenbergi
- >To: "'killietalk'" <killietalk at aka_org>
- >X-Mailer: Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector Version 4.0.995.52
Sender: owner-killietalk at aka_org
Reply-To: killietalk at aka_org
Forwared message from non-member. I am copying him so that he knows to
subscribe by sending a message to majordomo at killietalk_aka with subscribe
in the body, or by using the sub page on the aka web site.
>First time on KillieTalk! (actually I'm not sure of what I'm doing ...!)
>I'm having problems with my Spoorenbergi eggs. They seem to hatch before
>they're ready: it looks
>like the "tail" is coming out of the egg before the fish is fully
>developped. I have to check closely to see
>if the rest of the body is still inside the egg envelop or if the
>"bubble" I see is in fact the "bag" and the
>egg is gone. I tried water and peat extract (homemade) for incubation.
>What's wrong ? Do I have to do it on peat moss ?
>By the way peat extract works great with Sjoestedti; incubation time is
>not a lot shorter but at least you can
>see the evolution.
Barry Cooper, Chair email: bjc3 at cornell_edu
Department of Pathology Voice: (607)253-3336
College of Veterinary Medicine FAX: (607)253-3317
Ithaca, NY 14853