[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Killietalk] Killietalk is dropped without our input!!!!!
On Aug 10, 2009, at 12:48:23 PM, "Dan Wright" <fishman43 at gmail_com> wrote:
Do we have a vote?
Not directly, but I hope the BOT is listening. Many email lists get burdened with baggage and need to be changed/monitored, whatever. I believe that in the 12 years I have participated in killietalk. I have learned more useful information than in the previous 25 plus years in the AKA. On the other hans I have really tried to use the Forum with very little positive thoughts in my memory.
Here are my objections to the Forum format.
1. It is very difficult to read, compose, edit, etc. my own posts.
2. No one has contributed very much, only sought fish, asked unanswerable questions, etc.
3. I have to seek it out, sort of like having to go to the post office to get my mail. KT is delivered to me.
4. When I attempted to use the Forum to gather information, sell fish, list maintenance data, etc. I seemed to be the only one.
5. The Forum format is sterile, impersonal and distinctly unfriendly. KT seems like a bunch of old friends chatting away. Some I disagree with, but that happens anywhere.
6. I cannot see white type on blue background. I have had the same objection to some issues of JAKA.
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/aka/modules/content/index.php?id=9.
Archives are at http://sable.actwin.com/pipermail/killietalk/
Modify your subscription at http://mailman.actwin.com/mailman/listinfo/killietalk