[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Killietalk] Some simple breeding techniques
You may recall that I was going to run some experiments to determine the
causes of low egg production in some chocolate australe that I have been
maintaining for years as part of the australe study group. After 4 days of
collecting data here are some preliminary observations.
1. I now have over a 100 eggs collected
2. The most important variable is the particular match of male and female.
3. The tank and temperature conditions have no effect, within the variables
4. The time of day collected is an important variable. Before the Tonight
Show and during the Olympics is best.
5. I may have had a sterile male with a good female and a good male with a
sterile female before switching partners.
6. Changing to a completely new tank may have stimulated early egg production
which is tapering off with time.
7. One male/female combination has produced no eggs
I will keep you posted.
Join the AKA at http://aka.org/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=9
Archives are at http://fins.actwin.com/killietalk/
Modify your subscription at http://www.actwin.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/killietalk