[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Killietalk] breather bags
I'd like this opportunity to offer up my services to adopt any unwanted breather bags you have. If you've had a bad experience and want rid of them, I'll take them, saves me money.
Like Barry, I've had no problems. I have received fish and eggs in breathers with no leakers and the only leakers I've had in bringing fish home on trips or to club meetings was from bags I've re-used and poked holes in. I normally always tie mine in a not although I have used rubberbands on a few. Granted, I don't turn the bags upside down normally so possibly that is the difference. Either way, I use breathers 90% of the time, the other 10% are short distances or something like plants/snails.
I have only used the 4x8 and 11.5x19 size bags. I was told the 7.5x12 bags from the initial run had problems, are these what you were using? The new run of bags hopefully have been corrected. I hear a lot of talk about "older bags versus newer bags" but what I was told by Novalek was that ALL of the bags were made at the same time so this wouldn't be a factor. Storage facility and conditions could definitely be a possible cause. I bought a thousand 4x8's and 500 11.5x19's last fall and have found some were stuck together pretty badly but others are very loosely stacked together. I cannot think of one single new bag I've had a problem with, seriously.
everyone will have their own experiences although I have yet to run into one person face to face that has had problems with their breathers and those I have spoken with online are always doing something wrong. Maybe you should give them another chance, buy some of the new bags they have re-produced and try once more. Maybe you got your bags from someone/somewhere that were not stored or handled properly and it wasn't the bags fault ever. There are too many people out there (including myself) that are not having problems, there is a reason the others are. Kyle in Oklahoma
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.
Join the AKA at http://aka.org/modules/tinycontent0/index.php?id=9
Archives are at http://fins.actwin.com/killietalk/
Modify your subscription at http://www.actwin.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/killietalk