[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Killietalk] NORTH EAST WEEKEND UPDATE
I have received several questions about the plans for North-East Weekend and will answer them here. N.E.W. is set for NEXT weekend, Friday night-Sunday Auction, Oct. 15-17.
1. Yes, we are offering space for BOX SALES. We are asking for a $1 donation for each bag/pair of fish offered in the room. This will help UNYKA offset some of our costs. Please work with us if you wish to sell fish at N.E.W.
2. Auction: Sunday - Auctioning begins at 11am. Please have all of your lists to the auction table as early as humanly possible. Registration should open between 7-8:00 am. depending on the condition of the workers.
a. The split is 80/20 - the majority being returned to the seller.
b. No more than 3 pairs of the SAME species will be accepted from the same seller without prior approval of the Head Auctioneer.
c. There is no registration charge to attend the auction - just spend lots of money.
3. New & Rare Species - UNYKA imported fish etc.
We have many interesting fish from three different sources. Yes, one is from Oliver Lucanis who live just a few miles over the border from me. However, I have had to obtain a commercial import/export permit to bring the fish over the border. U.S. Fish&Wildlife have cracked down on the northern border. A.K.A. New & Rare Species Committee has been kind enough to assist us in obtained several more species and a member of UNYKA has recently traveled to Uruguay and has offered several pairs and first generation bags of eggs for the auction.
There will be one more exciting announcement on some Auction Items on Monday.
4. Canadians traveling to N.E.W. may have some difficulties crossing the border if you are bringing fish to the U.S. Please be careful. Returning home should be no problem for you as Canadian Customs always seems very easy to pass through (at least when I travel to the Great White North.)
5. Friday Night - There will be an open keg of beer at the bar after 7pm for all who arrive early. Make sure you stop by and get a tag for the freebies. Mixed drinks will be cash. We hope to show some slides of new or rare species and maybe play a couple fun games of "Stupid Killie Tricks" (all post-intoxicated, naturally). There will plenty of snack goodies available also.
FINALLY: My most important post -
IF YOU PLAN TO STAY AT THE HOTEL - CALL THEM NOW !! VERY FEW ROOMS ARE LEFT AND MONDAY THEY WILL BE RELEASED !! Comfort Inn (518) 783-1900
To join the AKA see http://www.aka.org/pages/join.html
Archives are at http://fins.actwin.com/killietalk/