[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Killietalk] Membership chairman needed
All who would apply,
Since Edd has made this public, let me tell you what you will need to have
First the AKA roster is on an MS Access data base so you will need that
program and a good working knowledge of how to use it.
Because 1. you will need to send a copy to Barry at LEAST every month.
Plus you will need to send a copy to Dick every month but Dick's must be
converted to 97 Access in order for him to use it.
2. You will also need to create several other data files to send to Barry
for the web site.
3. Also you will need to process memberships at least twice a month if you
are to keep the membership happy and growing.
4. You will also be responsible for sending out the welcome letters,
rosters, & Beginners Guides.
5. Once a month you will need to prepare a financial report along with
the checks sent to you and send this all to the treasurer.
Now my personal opinion is this:
Every chairman should set up and run things the way he sees it. So let me
advise you that there is no documentation as far as doing the roster data
base. You will need to set it up to work the way you want it, just as I did
when I took on the job.
I can tell you that you will get no help or support from the BOT.
When I announced that I was unhappy with the way things are not being
Only one member of the BOT took the time to reply to my mail. That tells me
that they just don't care about the AKA or it's members. All they care about
is the title of BOT member.(Big deal)
Some of the things I set up during my time as membership chairman are:
1. A system to notify members via E-Mail when their dues were due.
2. Post cards sent to those members that do not have E-Mail addresses.
3. E-Mail notices sent to those members that sponsor foreign exchange
members when those membership dues were due.
4. A list of new members to be published in the BNL.
5. A change of address list to be published in the BNL.
6. And a dozen other reports that I felt the BOT should be interested in.
( But seems most of them never took the time to review them.)
Last of all let me tell you that most of the membership is very grateful
for the job you do and you will receive many thank you' for your efforts.
But dealing with a BOT that just don't care as long as they don't have to
do is the worst thing of all.
You're invited to visit our web site at
To join the AKA see http://www.aka.org/pages/join.html