[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fungus (sort-of OT)
- To: KillieTalk at aka_org
- Subject: Re: Fungus (sort-of OT)
- From: Charles n Sue Harrison <csharrison at inkmaker_net>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:11:51 -0600
- In-reply-to: <200303221151.h2MBp8si000537 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200303221151.h2MBp8si000537 at otter_actwin.com>
To me these are pictures of a fish from an environment of a neglected
tank. The very low pH and some injury are likely to have allowed the
"fungus" to grow.
Fungus growth on uneaten food in the tank, frozen brine shrimp and
flake food, is a very good indicator of fallen pH.
As Wright suggested, several partial water changes should bring up
the pH and eliminate the the problem long term. I would add a
tablespoon of salt to 10 gallons 2 or 3 times(dissolved in water
first) to start healing.
Several have suggested different Meds but I would rather try salt
first and see if this would melt the fuzz away and start the fish on
to heal. These guys can stand a lot of salt and really help their
skin to heal. But, with 30 to 40% of the body affected, they may not
See http://www.aka.org/pages/killietalk/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/pages/join.html