Re: How cold is too cold?

Hard to believe, Chris with as much bass fishing as you have in North
County. They are available from several on-line mail-order places, but
tend to cost a little more, for some reason. Check your other big
sporting goods stores. Tri-City always had them in Fremont, for example.

Wright

Chris Browning wrote:
> They don't have those at any of my local Walmart, Kmarts, Targets, etc. I have checked many times and have never found anything. Oh well, it must be a regional thing. I live in San Diego, CA, I doubt there is a huge market for fish traps here, lol.
>  Wright Huntley <jwwiii at pacbell_net> wrote:The double-ended minnow traps are only about $10 at Wally World, so buy
> several.
>
> To catch the juvies, hot-glue window screen inside the trap for the
> finer mesh you need. Works great. We use a lot like that for pupfish
> surveys, etc.
>
> We use dogfood pellets for bait, but other stuff works better, if you
> can afford it. Shredded fish or shrimp, lobster, etc. ;-)
>
> Wright
>
> YoHoHo at aol_com wrote:
>
>>RE: How cold is too cold?
>>
>>Just thought I'd pass a little info along on this subject. I had some
>>australe and some riv's in my pond last summer/fall. I hadn't found a way to
>>catch them when the temps finally dropped. The riv's died when the temp fell
>>below 50, but the AUS swam around until it hit 40. Tough little guys. Now I
>>have to find a way to catch them this year. Suggestions?? The pond is lined
>>with softball to basketball sized boulders, so hiding places abound!
>>Frank Carriglitto
>>AKA #08234, ChiKA, WAKO
>>

>>--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
>>multipart/alternative
>>text/html
>>---

      All K-Mart and Walmart stores to be closed in Iraq.
              They will be replaced by Targets.

                     www.sfbaka.net