RE: A. Primigenium

Hi George,that same thing happened to me about 2 years ago,with
A.Primigenium.When I took them out of the dishpans,were I keep them,till
they get to be about an 1/2",I put them in a 10 gal.tank,and all turned
into bellysliders.I think,the switch into deeper water hurts their
swimbladder.I lost all of them,they just wouldn't grow.Ever since,when I
move baby fish,from 2" of water,I put them in 4"and increase the water
every few days untill the tank is full.I haven't had any more problems
after that,[with belly sliders],But I don't have any more A.Primigeniums
either,Take care  Ruth

Ruth Warner
ruthwarner at earthlink_net
http://www.geocities.com/killiesbyruth/index.html