Re: How cold is too cold?

The double-ended minnow traps are only about $10 at Wally World, so buy
several.

To catch the juvies, hot-glue window screen inside the trap for the
finer mesh you need. Works great. We use a lot like that for pupfish
surveys, etc.

We use dogfood pellets for bait, but other stuff works better, if you
can afford it. Shredded fish or shrimp, lobster, etc. ;-)

Wright

YoHoHo at aol_com wrote:
> RE: How cold is too cold?
>
> Just thought I'd pass a little info along on this subject.  I had some
> australe and some riv's in my pond last summer/fall.  I hadn't found a way to
> catch them when the temps finally dropped.  The riv's died when the temp fell
> below 50, but the AUS swam around until it hit 40.  Tough little guys.  Now I
> have to find a way to catch them this year.  Suggestions??  The pond is lined
> with softball to basketball sized boulders, so hiding places abound!
> Frank Carriglitto
> AKA #08234, ChiKA, WAKO

> multipart/alternative
>   text/html
> ---

      All K-Mart and Walmart stores to be closed in Iraq.
              They will be replaced by Targets.

                     www.sfbaka.net