A. Primigenium

I have been getting some eggs and fry from my pair of A. Primigenium
that hatch out ok and I grow them up to about 3/8" to a 1/2" in my shoe
boxes. They are fine to this point. Then I transfer them into a 10 gal.
tank to grow out. All seems well for a while but then I notice that all
of the fry one by one turn into bellysliders. This has happened with the
last two batches of fry. I handle all of my killies in this manner as
they grow and never have had this happen before. Has anyone had a
similar experience or does anyone know what causes this?
Thanks,
George