[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: How cold is too cold?
- To: <killietalk at aka_org>
- Subject: RE: How cold is too cold?
- From: "Kray, Edd" <Edd.Kray at rf_doe.gov>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:45:16 -0700
- Thread-index: AcLJR0VCfFyrGRY2QFO3cKuBYpFHmAAACzig
- Thread-topic: How cold is too cold?
Andrew, this is Edd in Denver.
My basement is also pretty cold, especially in summer(!) when the AC is
running full blast. I struggled with this for 10 years, trying to
maintain killies that preferred cold. Most survive well, even becoming
longer-lived to some extent. BUT, rarely did the produce lots of eggs.
I gave in and put heaters in all my tanks a couple years back. The 50
watters do fine in my 5 gallon tanks. Now I see lots more breeding
activity. I'd say go with some decent heaters and pick lots of eggs.
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/AKA/Applic.htm