Blood worms

Has anyone ever tried culturing blood worms before?  I have a tub outside
with some 1/4" larvae in it right now and would love to be able to raise
more from them or some how get some egg sacks of Chironomus riparius to get
a culture going.

On another note I have A. splendoplure Econdotiti and it looks nothing like
the A. splendoplure Econdo Titi on the link
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2B942643
Mine is very colorful with its whole body a mix of reds blues and greens
and the one on the link is not at all as colorful, in fact I dont think I
have seen a picture of any Chromaphyosemion as full of color as it is,
ever. Does anyone know if the two species are the same or different because
of the very similar name?
Thanks in advance.
Mark Mackenzie