Re: Killifish Conservation - N. whitei

Erik Pfingstner wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Do you have an idea which generation from the wild your strain is?
>
> Does someone know where this rumor comes from that the fish stemming from
> "barra de Sao Joao" is not nematolebias whitei but another species? Is there
> any writen literature on this or any scientific examination of this fish
> showing the differences?

I may be the guilty party. I asked about it a while back, as I was sure
my barra de sao joao were a lot different from my old DKG-origin maroon
whitei. [I think I was incorrect and they truly are *whitei*.]

I have no live fish, right now, but should hatch soon some that are
roughly F8-10 from barra de sao joao. They are quick gestators so we
have a lot of generations in this line from Cal Him to Wayland Lee to Me
to Royal Ingersoll to Sue Bunte. Of those, I think only Wayland did not
keep them long enough to breed any.

Wright

      All K-Mart and Walmart stores to be closed in Iraq.
              They will be replaced by Targets.

                     www.sfbaka.net