AW: More Water questions

Hi Mike,

KH 10-12 is actually medium hard water, not really hard. I am keeping all my
killies in such water including notho Kortausae, Guentheri and Rachovii.
Some wells in Germany yield water with 30-40 KH. That is hard water!

There are perhaps some Nothos who will not do well in water of 10-12 KH but
I dont know which ones.

#2: my nothos are in 2 different types of tanks: some tanks with wet-dry
filters sitting on top of the tank (no current, lots of oxygen, rain-drop
effect - they like it) and some have a foam filter covering one whole side
of the tank. This set-up creates a current in the water. Yet there are
always quiet places in the tanks. The fish grow good and are healthy. You
can reduce the current next to zero by having the water fall on a piece of
foam.

Erik