Re: Conservation breeder's award program

I think you are right on about the breeder's award program. It must be set up in
such a manner that one involved in maintaining species does not lose sight of
the real goal. Not to be lost in a quest for more points just to acheive some
kind of recognition. I think the people involved in these programs must be of a
mindset that will allow them to succeed in their species maintenance over a
period of years and still get some recognition for their efforts.  However the
real goal must be species maintenance and not the recognition. People who really
feel this way will be the ones to take on these tasks and be succesful in their
efforts. Now how we set the program up to bring these people forward?? Iam not
sure.
Just some of my thoughts.
George