Re: Identifying sex of fry

Mark

I dont know if this is fact or not, but i've found that epiplatys sex
ratios could be altered by water chemistry.   In lower pH on the acidic
side, I have gotten more females then males, when i altered the water
chemistry to a higher pH, above 7... i got more males..... i found this
true with.... dageti, chaperi and annulatus...  at least this was my
experience.

If you have hard water where you are, try lowering the pH for awhile and
you might get more females.... at least better then 25% females....

Tundra John in NY