Questions about notho breeding

Al,

     Probably true, but it has never bothered me. I like the surprise when I
wet the peat. I never know how many fry I will get. Every once in a great
while I am disappointed, but usually there is more than enough fry. Now sex
ratios -- that's a bugaboo! I just breed the fish alot so I have several bags
of peat and hope for the best. For a while, I grinded the peat into powder
and then siphoned it through a net and collected all the eggs that way. It
worked great with toddi and occidentalis at the time and it was fun to watch
the eggs develop in-between layers of wet peat. But too much work. Now if
only I had a water change system like yours -- I might actually pick eggs --
NAH!!!!

Robert