From: "james graham" <busterg at voyager_net>
To: <killietalk at aka_org>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 9:47 AM
Subject: IRON

I've got .5 ppm iron in my well water. After I lived here for a while all my
sinks,tubs, toilets and such were turning orange so I had an iron removal
system put in which consists of a two tank set up, one is an aeration tank
and the other has some sort of layered mineral bed that gets back flushed
every three days, works great. I didn't have fish until a while after I had
the iron removal set-up and I am thinking of bypassing the iron gizmo for
fish water but don't know if I do will  I get orange deposits in my
aquariums? The other thing I was pondering was if the iron would be good for
plants or if it's not necessarily in a form they could utilize??

Jim Graham
KVKGG*