IRON

I've got .5 ppm iron in my well water. After I lived here for a while all my sinks,tubs, toilets and such were turning orange so I had an iron removal system put in which consists of a two tank set up, one is an aeration tank and the other has some sort of layered mineral bed that gets back flushed every three days, works great. I didn't have fish until a while after I had the iron removal set-up and I am thinking of bypassing the iron gizmo for fish water but don't know if I do will  I get orange deposits in my aquariums? The other thing I was pondering was if the iron would be good for plants or if it's not necessarily in a form they could utilize??

Jim Graham
KVKGG*