[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Water storage containers??
- To: KillieTalk at aka_org
- Subject: Re: Water storage containers??
- From: Ken Simolo <Simolo at chem_chem.rochester.edu>
- Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:39:59 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200301251949.h0PJnor4030514 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200301251949.h0PJnor4030514 at otter_actwin.com>
I have successfully used the round Rubbermaid trash cans (33 gallon
and 50 gallon) for the last 4 years. In some, I have even installed
bulkhead fittings with valves but I have always just used a
submersible pump in them instead of an external pump. I let hot
water soak in the trash cans overnight and then drained them before
using the trash cans the first time. I also tried the rectangular
Rubbermaid trash cans and all of those leaked after about a year.
The round shape deals with the stress better but it is possible that
there was a manufacturing defect in my rectangular ones since they
all leaked from the same place on the bottom of the trash can and not
from the sides. On the tops of the rectangular trash cans, I did
have to attach straps to hold the sides in and keep them from bowing
out. I wanted to use the rectangular ones because of the more
efficient use of space.
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/AKA/Applic.htm