Re: breeder award revision?

I think rewards such as plaques & shields are not what we are about.
We joined as fish breeders primarily & later perhaps drifted into the idea
of conservation.
I think the idea of purposely breeding fish for an ornament to decorate the
mantlepiece is a little repugnant & not in the spirit of conservation which
is what our associations were originally set up for!
Should we purposely go & breed fish for points or conservation?
In the UK we have not set up a points structure.
In another light, the AKA have a better record of conservation than the BKA,
so I'm not sure who is right.

    Tim