Re: off topic(painting of fish and such)

Hello Lee,

I agree with you, that in order to further the hobby of preserving
killies, as opposed to just breeding them, we have to change some
competition rules. I know for a fact, that in order to garner more
"points", some people breed a fish, raise them to the point where they
can differenciate gender, have it verified and... literally toss the
fish down the drain to make space for the next species!

Some 15-20 years ago I proposed to the Board changes in that direction:
In order to receive breeding points one would have to raise the fish to
maturity and exhibit them in local, regional or national shows,
receiveing different number of points for the different shows. If the
fish wins first, second or third place -- it gets extra points.
Listing them in BNL gets another point or two, etc.

Needless to say, that idea went over like the proverbial lead baloon.
Maybe it is time to resurect it?

Best,

George