RE: off topic

Hi George

This is a different case than the die injected fish.  All the fluorescent
transgenic fish have the jellyfish gene in them.  The gene/protein has been
manipulated from the original green to red, blue, and yellow.  These fish
are very valuable tools for biomedical research and will someday end up
saving many lives.  With these fish it is now possible to watch the
circulatory or nervous system develop in situ!

They are sterilized by pressure at an early age by subjecting the embryos to
high pressure (~15000 psi) for a very brief moment.  This cause triploid
resulting in sterile fish.  The technique has been used on grass carp for
years.

Best fishes
David