Re: New AKA web site

Just so folks know, I have replied to Steve's generous offer privately. We
have already made a commitment to another company, but I appreciate Steve's
offer to help with mySQL databases and so on.

For the record, there will ALWAYS be a way to pay for membership or other
AKA items using paper checks, or by sending a printed form with your credit
card information in the mail. Indeed, I just finished working on an
editable PDF membership application form that people will be able to fill
in online or on their own computer (after downloading it), then mail in to
Gary Bartell. We will provide the same for books, videos, and other items.

I would like to make the point, however, that whatever method we use for
online sales will be via a secure server. My understanding of the available
data is that credit card fraud is much less likely via the internet than it
is by phone, or by having left a credit card slip in a store. In point of
fact, a common way to harvest credit card numbers for purposes of fraud is
to go through people's trash. I also realize that doesn't negate the few
large scale hacks that have occurred in recent years.

Keep the comments coming. We want to do what the membership favors.

Barry