Re: New AKA web site

I have used PayPal for over 100 transactions over the last couple of years,
strictly from a buyers standpoint, and have never had a problem with them.
I have heard seen sellers who refuse to use it, but I don't know anyone who
has ever complained about them.  As for the complaints I have read about,
they are the same as any merchant account, if they receive complaints that
you are conducting fraudulent activities with your account they will freeze
it, as will any bank.  It is very easy for someone to dispute any credit
card transaction and have it charged back to the merchant's account.  PayPal
can freeze your PayPal account, but there shouldn't be any monay in it
anyway.  It should all be transfered out daily rather than being allowed to
sit.  The money should also not be allowed to sit in the account that PayPal
has access to either, if they don't have it or have access to it, they can't
touch it.

At one time not too long ago PayPal was under investigation by several for
illegally operating a bank.  I don't know what ever happened with that, but
to my knowledge they are not a bank and I also believe they are now owned or
being purchased by e-bay.

Whichever way you go, you always have to watch them very closely.  They all
make "mistakes" which are mostly in their favor.

BTW, I have seen a bank freeze accounts on a Friday because they saw some
unusual activity and they didn't have time to figure it out before they went
home for a long weekend.  They didn't release the money till Tuesday after
the owner of the account had the branch manager do the research for the loss
prevention department to prove there was nothing fraudulent with the
transaction.  They all tend to freeze accounts first and let you come to
them to get it unfrozen, from my experience, that is....

Drummond Howard
Gaithersburg, Maryland