Re: Fish ID

I'm going to have to go with Aplocheilus Dayi Werneri, sometimes referred to as Aplocheilus Werneri, on this one. I have seen them in 3 out of my 7 LFSs recently, they just started showing up(most always labeled as Golden Wonders, even though they aren't). If i were you, I'd buy as many as you could, once you get them home and get them settled, they will color up and become extremely beautiful, almost an oil-slick coloration to them. My LFS had 4 small ones the other day at $1.45 and I'm kicking myself now for not buying them :( Not sure where you can find a picture, just search for the 2 names I gave you, I'm sure you'll find a picture somewhere.

 Pjeversman at aol_com wrote:I was in a LFS a few days ago and saw some killies that I had not seen
before. They were in a tank labeled mixed killies that contained the usual
"gold wonder" killies. These fish had very washed out colors, but they
looked like Epiplatys dageti. They had the vertical stripes like a dageti,
but they also had a horizontal thick black band that ran along the ventral
surface from the base of the caudal fin to the middle of the fish. They did
not resemble any E dageti photos that I have ever seen. Could this just be a
color variant?
The tank also contained some other fish that I have never seen before. They
were about an Inch long and tall dorso-ventrally. They were transparent and
reminded me of the fish sold as glass fish(not the cats), with one exception.
Above the eyes they had a neon blue band that fluoresced under the tank
lights. Any guesses about these?

Phil

Philip J. Eversman D.D.S. F.A.G.D.
9052 Log Run Dr. South