Fish ID

I was in a LFS a few days ago and saw some killies that I had not seen
before.  They were in a tank labeled mixed killies that contained the usual
"gold wonder" killies.  These fish had very washed out colors, but they
looked like Epiplatys dageti.  They had the vertical stripes like a dageti,
but they also had a horizontal thick black band that ran along the ventral
surface from the base of the caudal fin to the middle of the fish.  They did
not resemble any E dageti photos that I have ever seen.  Could this just be a
color variant?
The tank also contained some other fish that I have never seen before. They
were about an Inch long and tall dorso-ventrally.  They were transparent and
reminded me of the fish sold as glass fish(not the cats), with one exception.
 Above the eyes they had a neon blue band that fluoresced under the tank
lights.  Any guesses about these?

Phil

Philip J. Eversman D.D.S. F.A.G.D.
9052 Log Run Dr. South