Re: Jiffy-7 Peat Pellets

Kean Huat Yeap wrote:
> Hi group, I just came back from Walmart. I saw the
> Jiffy-7 peat pellets refill package (72 units) for
> 3.94, which is cheap, so I got it.

That's a great deal. I'm off to Wally World in the AM. :-)

> It's #708. My
> question is does anyone on this list has used it
> before and confirm that it's safe for fish use? I'm
> not sure if this is the same as the Jiffy peat pellets
> that people usually use.

That's the right ones, AFAIK. I don't worry about soluble additives, because
I always nuke them to boiling in the microwave, and then rinse a lot under
the faucet in a regular green fish net.

> I've been using the bulk peat
> moss (kind of messy) and now I want to try to convert
> to using peat pellets:)

Just as messy or more so, since they are finer. ;-)

Wright

      All K-Mart and Walmart stores to be closed in Iraq.
              They will be replaced by Targets.

                     www.sfbaka.net