Re: Gardneri Tankmates

Yes, Scotchbrite is great on glass, but this is a plstic Eclipse aquarium, no scothbrite for it(the only reason I am looking for some type of algae eater for it). I have yet to find something that didn't scratch the glass and didn't take an amazing amount of scrubbing at the same time. I guess I'll have to stick with using my fingernail(everything else thus far will scratch it).
 Wright Huntley <jwwiii at pacbell_net> wrote:Algae on glass is best removed with a "Scotchbrite" scrubber (rough side)
o/e. For other algae, many livebearers and *J. floridae* can do a good job.
Use only female American-Flag Fish as males get mean when in a breeding mood.

Except for Otos and SAEs most sucker-mouth fish eat almost no algae and have
that feature for clinging to rocks in swift streams (or sucking slime as
with CAEs). The Siamese Algae Eater would do well with GAR, but like any
other fish, will eat eggs and maybe babies. Other scavengers, like Corys,
will eat more eggs than detritus. Great with your male GARs, tho.

Wright

Chris Browning wrote:
> Has anyone out there had any success keeping some type of a scavanger
> with Gardneri? I have a 12 gallon with a few males in it(no females), and
> the tank tends to get dirty quite often(due to the sand substrate I
> assume). It has a couple rock formations, quite a few plants, and I plan
> on adding more to the point that it's a jungle in there. Recently, some
> algae started showing up on the glass, and I'm looking for something to
> clean it up. I doubt there is much I can keep with them as they tend to
> try and eat everything, but I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas
> anyways.
>
> Thanks!

All K-Mart and Walmart stores to be closed in Iraq.
They will be replaced by Targets.

www.sfbaka.net