Re: species ID

*Oryzias celebensis* have a fine horizontal dark line, but in the caudal the
line splits like a fork. [I think the ascii art got corrupted?] AFAIK, they
have not been pictured in most atlases. They are as pretty as *Procatopus
aberrans* and may get to be a little bigger.

Buy them and raise a bunch of babies to send me in the spring. They were one
of the species I lost to the myco outbreak. :-) Really nice Lampeye in all
but heritage.

Wright

Ron Anderson wrote:
 > I was at the local big chain store today buying rabbit food, and decided
 > to check out the uh...(so called)fish. I was looking at some sterbae
 > cories, a pretty huge surprise for such a place, when I spotted lampeyes
 > swimming in the same tank.  I found the tag below the tank, and it said
 > "golden rainbow killies". These do not look like anything in the
 > aplocheilus family.  Kind of colorless, but a nice irredescent eye. High
 > bodied, with a good size anal fin, that had an irredescent light blue
 > thin marginal band. They were pretty washed out, but I could see a
 > horizontal thin line and a few diagonal very thin vertical lines
 > radiating out from the horizontal line. DOn't know if this will look OK,
 > but like this:  ____/_/_/ \ \ \ I thought maybe Oryzias but can't find a
 > pic of one with these lines. Anybody have a thought on what they might
 > be?   thanks,  Ron
 >
 > --- Ron Anderson Warwick, RI alt email: ron02886 at cox_net
 >

 > --------------- See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to

      All K-Mart and Walmart stores to be closed in Iraq.
              They will be replaced by Targets.

                     www.sfbaka.net