Re: Bedding for white worms?

I don't raise white worms, but I raise a lot of Grindal worms (smaller
variety that tolerates higher temps). I use peat moss (bought as a large
bale at a garden center) and granulated limestone (also sold at garden
centers to spread on the lawn and garden). It's cheaper than soil mixes
or specialized bedding and works great for me. I use a lot of lime
(relative to what you would put in potting mix) to prevent the culture
from getting too acidic over time. I use a ratio of 16:1 (peat:lime) by
volume. The only disadvantage I've found is the occasional twig and the
fact that if the peat gets dry it takes a while to wet, so I usually mix
up a big batch in a plastic sweater box and add some hot water, in a few
days it's ready to use.

Dennis