Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:17:22 EST
From: MotomanBarton at aol_com
Subject: Bedding for white worms?

Hey, i have a culture of white worm and am looking to expand them, but i'm
not sure what kind of soil to use i was thinking of useing some container
mix it has.

Peat Moss
Humus
Compost
Sand
Calcined Clay

Do you thing this should be okey? It also has some vermiculite (the white
stuff thats kinda like styrofoam). Also i bought these worm boxes that are
souspose to be for breeding earth worms for fishing. The walls on it seem to
  be really absorbent of water to keep them wet at all times i guess and at
the same time keep them for getting to wet. Also i was wondering if
splitting a culture would set them off ballance very much?

Bevan