Re: Egg Picking

Lately I have been setting up some of my pairs of killies in 5 gal tanks and
providing them with a mop and some java moss. I have done this with some of
killies that I don't always get a lot of eggs from or the ones that give eggs
but they seem to fungus or not hatch. In these 5 gal. tank setups I do not check
for eggs and just feed the pair well. In all cases I have been rewarded with fry
swimming in the tank and not bothered by the parents. I just removed 15 fry of
various sizes from a tank with a pair of A. congicum set up this way and there
were some left in. It is a simpler way to get fry without collecting eggs. It
seems to work in most cases for mop spawners. If your not trying to control the
hatching of the fry this may be something you may consider trying.
George