Re: Egg Picking - mop

here's a novice way to do it... perhaps it's a good
idea; I'm not sure!  but I have seen eggs in my mop
(now if they would eye up and stop fungusing!).

All I did was take yarn, and wrap it around my hand
and elbow a bunch of times... (I think I did around 30
wraps)

when it's thick enough. I snipped the yarn from the
ball, and then took some twine/needlepoint yarn/etc
and wrapped that around the "top" of my wrap tightly.
This is where the 2 ends of the wrap are located.
Winding the twine around here, will keep the mop from
falling apart.

I wrapped the twine around the yarn until I had the
twine covering approx 1" of the top mop and then tied
it off.

Finally I snipped the opposite side of the yarn, from
where I did the twine wrap.

originallyis mop originaly as a top mop.  I didn't
have any corks to float it so I simply keep my little
twine wrap part of the mop outside of the glass cover.

I plan on doing more like this and allow them to just
free float in the tank.

-mike
in watertown

<there's more then one way to make a mop>