Re: Egg Picking

In a message dated 1/9/03 3:37:02 PM, steve at nixhosting_com writes:

<<

I thought of something that may work so let me know what you think. I was

thinking of taking the mops out of the tanks and swishing them around real

hard in a bucket and then dumping the bucket through a filter to collect the

eggs. You think this will work? >>

The best way is to swap mops for fresh ones. Anything more violent than
gently picking them of will damage them. For some species even finger picking
reduces the viability. Put the mop full of eggs in a shallow shoe box with
lid in water from the breeder's tank and change the water every couple days.

Lee Harper
Media, PA
USA