Re: Hey killie keepers

I have gotten an email from someone to let me know that it might not be
a good idea to recruit through killietalk.

So I wanted to drop a line to apologize if I offended anyone.
But I wanted to post the message because I think a lot of people are
looking for local groups to meet other hobbyists. I did not write this
message because I am the Board member. I am not one who might be an
expert in the hobby or anything like that, I am still more like a
beginner.  I mentioned about it because I benefited a lot from other
local members. So my intention was not really recruiting, it was more of
sharing the benefits. So I did not notice that some people could take
things differently.

I could have sent the email to one individual, but I felt that some
other people in the are might be looking for the same, but did not post.

Four, Five years ago, I started off by keeping the betta in one jar at
college dorm room, then found out about the aquairum society 2 yrs ago.
Now I have variety of fishes, bigger fish tanks. I even keep two
killifishes now.  I do much better now because of help from mailing list
like killietalk and local members whom I met through local aquarium
society. So from my point of view, I did not find my message offensive,
but I apologize for others who might not like my thought.

Sincerely,

Michiko

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 11:23  AM, MICHIKO KITA wrote:

> Have you been to Boston Aquarium Society meeting?
> Boston Aquarium Society is the great gather place for hobbyists.
> Meetings are free and open to the public or you can choose to pay $15
> (per year) for membership. Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of every
> month at The New England Aquarium's Exploration Center on Central Wharf
> in Boston. The doors open at 7:30 pm. There are usually speakers at
> every meeting, and auctions. People usually bring variety of fishes,
> plants, and sometimes aquarium equipments to auction off.
>
> I am not really a killi expert, but I keep some myself. There are some
> other members who keep them in the club.  Even the talk might not be
> about killifish at the meeting (because we have had one for killifish a
> couple months ago) but it is good to meet local people who are into
> killie.
>
> If you have any more questions about the club let me know.
>
> Check our website
> http://bostonaquariumsociety.org/
>

> Michiko Kita
> Boston Aquarium Society Board Member
> michikokita at earthlink_net
>
> "One cannot convey the beauty of nature to others without having a love
> of all small living creatures oneself." - Takashi Amano
>
> On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 12:37  AM, Steve Thomas wrote:
>
>> Any killie keepers in New England? I live in MA and would love to meet
>> some
>> locals and buy some fish.

Michiko Kita