Re: A newbie needs hands on training -- only one problem, Mike

AUS62 at aol_com wrote:
> Mike, please give some info as to where you live!
snip...

> Post your address -- snail mail type, and give us a chance to meet and talk.

Harry brings up a subject that needs to be repeated every once in a while.

Mail lists can be widespread, and there is no clue in most addresses to the
physical location of the sender. [AOL and Yahoo seem particularly poor at
educating their new members.] That kind of anonymity can be very important
in some circumstances. In widespread hobby groups, in particular, it is
considered good "netequette" to automatically attach a small file called a
.sig file that gives your state, and even a city for large states. It should
also provide an alternate method for contact, if feasible. [I don't suggest
a phone number for 14 yr-old girls, tho. ;-) Bad jokes are not obligatory.]

That said, another way to get local help is to navigate to the affiliates
page at the www.aka.org site. Most local clubs provide an easy way to
contact them, and local clubs are where it is at for the kind of help
requested. Mike should find the closest one to him and contact them --
attend a meeting, get acquainted.

Wright

      All K-Mart and Walmart stores to be closed in Iraq.
              They will be replaced by Targets.

                     www.sfbaka.net