Re: Getting rid of MTS (Malaysian Trumpet Snails)

killiman wrote:
> MTS or the curse of Charlie Grimes (he puts them in every fish he passes out
> as an extra bonus) they do not like soft acid water.

It is the acid eating away slowly at the shells. You can get the same
results in hard water by adding enough pool acid to do the job. I have used
acid to get them out of gravel, before, but forgot to mention it. It takes
strong stuff, so is very dangerous -- know what you are doing before trying it.

> I have frozen them down to -10 F and the still came back.

That is bad news. It seemed like such a nice clean way to do it without the
nasty side effects. Oh well...

> Gotta go pick eggs so there will be plenty when you come visit.
> as the water changes automatically.

Send all that surplus to the BAKA auctions. We will find homes for them!

Wright

> killiman at iquest_net
> Al Anderson
> 317 253 2170

   Just as any moron can destroy a priceless Ming vase, so the shallow and
ill-educated people who run our schools can undermine and destroy from
within a great civilization that took centuries of dedicated effort to
create and maintain.  -- Thomas Sowell

                  http://www.sepschool.org/