Re: Cut your own

For most Tropical Fish type of uses --  small tanks, dividers and covers
-- we should be able to cut our own glass.  The best glass cutters are
available from craft shops where stained glass supplies are found.  These
cutters use industrial diamonds or carbide steel tips and produce true
scribes for precise cuts.  The wheels used on glaziers cutters sometimes
wobble,  skip or wander producing less than desirable results.  I salvage
a lot of windows to reuse the glass for fishtanks and in disassembling
them see the rough and misalligned edges in the panes.  A glazier usually
has from 1/4 to 1/2 inch to hide his mistakes in the window frame so
precision is infrequently required.