[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
glass IS SOLUBLE in water
- To: KillieTalk at aka_org
- Subject: glass IS SOLUBLE in water
- From: Charles n Sue Harrison <csharrison at inkmaker_net>
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:40:12 -0600
- In-reply-to: <200212102327.gBANR6sF031898 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200212102327.gBANR6sF031898 at otter_actwin.com>
Hello Shireen ,
As hard as it might be to believe, glass IS SOLUBLE in water. Hard
water usually high in high pH salts makes it even more soluble.
If you have tried vinegar and Lime Away, etc., the etch is probably
deep in the glass. Try a razor blade to scrape away the "build up"
and if none of these three things work, either accept the etch affect
or replace the glass.
Back to picking fry and changing water,
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/AKA/Applic.htm