RE: Hatch rates

Thank you~!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-killietalk at aka_org [mailto:owner-killietalk at aka_org] On
Behalf Of Patrick J. Coleman
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:41 PM
To: killietalk at aka_org
Subject: Re: Hatch rates

John'
I stopped even trying to guess the acriflavine -  meth mix. it seems no
matter who's formula I tried, I still got fungused eggs, removed them,
changed their water daily and always ended up losing a few more. Now, I
make
five or six mops per species, pre-soak them in the breeding tank water,
put
one or two in the breeding tank, then pull them from the tank every two
or
three days and put them in a marked plastic shoe box of clean aged
water, a
wad of java moss and a couple of rams horn snails. Do a 50/50 water
change
every other day after you get fry. Feed bbs and keep up on the water
changes, all should go well. It has more than doubled my fry population.
Just be sure to remember to mark your containers and you are rolling.
Just
my own personal experience with the acriflavine - meth thing, there are
many
others out there with years of tricks up their sleeves. Check the
archives
first:  http://fins.actwin.com/killietalk/
as most of this stuff has been rolled over a few times already.
Good Luck,Patrick
Patrick J. Coleman
http://www.nuurth.net
killikeeper at nuurth_net