Re: Spawning media for peat divers

I use any kind of tub or container, including the reusable freezer types
that are now available almost anywhere.  A small piece of slate and some
marbles to add weight, and then a mixture of 2/3 peat and 1/3 coconut
fiber.  I cut a small hole in the top, no larger than a half dollar in most
cases, slightly larger for a few larger killies,  most of the peat stays i
the container, or at least enough to collect eggs weekly.

         Fish find there way in and out of the container in no time, and it
helps keep the tanks bottom relatively clean for feeding.

On another note, someone asked for my web site:  www.thefishwizards.com

         Good Killie Keeping...........  Tony