[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: north florida killies (was: Information on estuarinekillies)
Carol in Jax asked about freshwater killies in north Florida
Using the Florida Fish & Game Commission's fish check list ( http://floridaconservation.org/fishing/Fishes/sci-name.html) as a memory prompter, I came up with the following purely freshwater species for NE Florida:
- chrysotus - golden (ear) topminnow
- cingulatus (nee auroguttatus nee cingulatus) - banded topminnow
- lineolatus - lined topminnow
- rubrifons - redface topminnow
- seminolis - Seminole killifish
- Jordanella floridae - flagfish
- Leptolucania ommata - pygmy killifish
- Lucania goodei - bluefin killifish
Three other listed Fundulus species ... dispar blairae, escambiae and olivaceus ... I'm pretty sure are also found in north florida, but over in the panhandle area. I don't think there are any additional f/w killies found further south.
I'm sure somebody will chime in if I missed any.
See http://www.aka.org/AKA/subkillietalk.html to unsubscribe
Join the AKA at http://www.aka.org/AKA/Applic.htm