Re: A hera

Hera have never become that common, out here. Even though I understand
our own Padre Derugin actually caught the type specimen on his trip with
Peter Tirbak and Andreas Kleisch in '97. [TDK 97/x] I am not sure if
they actually brought us any livestock from that trip, or if they all
went to Europe with Andreas.

The only local breeder I know who has (had?) them is John Boylan, and
there were only three pairs entered in WCW last April. IDK if any were
on the sale table, then.

I hope folks will keep us in mind when it comes time to distribute more
of them. :-) Nice fish, even if the females are a tad gaudy. ;-)

Wright

Scott Davis wrote:
> Thank you Gary for the temperature info.
>

>>I find hera an interesting fish - on the "most likely to disappear from
>>the AKA if not targeted" list.
>

> I think you are correct that there is a danger of them disappearing from a
> lot of the hobby. They were quite sought after around here up until this
> last winter. Several very capable killie people really worked with them and
> they were well spread around.
>
> At the Michiana show, quite a few pairs and trios were available in the box
> sale. By the auction they were selling for about half the box sale price.
> That doesn't usually happen so dramatically. I think every time another bag
> of hera came up, auctioneer Dave Hemmerline was tempted to start with, "ok,
> who still doesn't have hera?"
>
> It will be interesting to see what they are selling for in two years.
>
> All the best!
>
> Scott

"Deport all the product-liability lawyers to Iraq;"
                                 -- Dave Barry --
       [Best suggestion of 2002, by far...]
              <www.sfbaka.net>