Re: Skinny Notho females

Jeremy,

the preparation that I buy is branded Chemaqua. I have not been able to
find pure flubendazole in any catalogs of chemical suppliers, etc., but I
can get pure fenbendazole, mebendazole and so on.

The disadvantage of using the pure drug is the difficulty for most people
in weighing such small amounts. For a 10 gal tank you would need only 100
mg. Another problem is solubilizing the pure drug. In the 5% powder you get
pretty good dispersion and, I think, eventual dissolution. In the original
papers from which I drew the information on which I based my study of
treatment of Glugea, they used DMSO to dissolve the drugs (fenbendazole,
mebendazole and albendazole). I don't think most people would want to mess
with that.

Barry