Re: Skinny Notho females

Soem people refer to this phenomenon as "Notho wasting syndrome". The cause
has not been established. However, some months ago someone posted a message
saying that they had used flubendazole to treat hydra and had noticed that
some Nothos that were wasting had recovered. I also had a private message
from another individual that use of flubendazole for a different purpose
had caused some wild South American annuals that had not been eating to
recover. A hypothesis to explain this could be that the fish have an
intestinal parasite or protozoal infection. I suggest that you treat the
fish for three days with flubendazole, 10 mg/gallon of the active drug. It
is available as a 5% powder, thus requiring 200 mg/gallon of that
preparation. After three days do a water change. More ideally, do daily
water changes into fresh drug solution for three days, then change water to
remove the drug. Use "aged" water to prepare the solution.

Flubendazole is available from JEHMCo or the Florida Tropical Fish Farmers
Coop online store.

Let me know if it helps.

Barry